2 mins read

how to get my walgreens w2

To obtain your W-2 form from Walgreens, follow these steps:

  1. Contact Walgreens HR or Payroll Department: Begin by reaching out to Walgreens’ Human Resources (HR) or Payroll department. You can often find their contact information on the Walgreens employee portal or by asking your supervisor or manager for guidance.
  2. Request Your W-2: When you contact HR or Payroll, request your W-2 form. Be prepared to provide your full name, Social Security Number, and other identifying information to verify your identity as an employee.
  3. Verify Your Mailing Address: Ensure that Walgreens has your current mailing address on record. Your W-2 will be sent to the address they have on file. If your address has changed since you worked for Walgreens, provide the updated information to HR or Payroll.
  4. Check the Distribution Date: Employers are generally required to provide W-2 forms to employees by January 31st of each year. Make sure you request your W-2 well in advance of this date to ensure you receive it on time.
  5. Electronic W-2: Some employers offer the option to access your W-2 online through a secure employee portal. Inquire if this option is available and, if so, how to access it.
  6. W-2 Reissue: If you’ve requested your W-2 but haven’t received it or if you’ve lost your W-2, you can request a reissued copy. Check with HR or Payroll to understand their policy and any associated fees, if applicable.
  7. IRS Assistance: If you encounter difficulties obtaining your W-2 from Walgreens or believe they are not fulfilling their obligation to provide it, you can contact the IRS for assistance. The IRS can help you obtain the necessary tax forms.
  8. Retain Copies: Keep copies of your W-2 for your records, as you may need them for tax filing purposes. If you’ve worked for multiple employers during the tax year, you will require W-2 forms from each employer to accurately file your taxes.

By following these steps and promptly contacting Walgreens’ HR or Payroll department, you should be able to obtain your W-2 form for tax purposes.

Also Read:

Leave a Reply